Available Volunteer Positions
Volunteers Needed for These Jobs
From tournament directors to the people who volunteer only a few hours at the front desk, we need your help. The US Go Congress would not be possible without the dedication of dozens of volunteers. Please email the congress directors to volunteer at this year’s congress. Thanks!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information or to volunteer.
Volunteers are needed for the following positions at the 2017 US Go Congress in San Diego:
- U16 Girls Tournament Director (The four highest AGA rated girls compete in semis and finals)
- 9x9 Go Tournament Director
- 13x13 Go Tournament Director
- Senior Go Tournament Director
- US Open (Helpers who can monitor the playing area 9:00-noon during the US Open)
- Congress Registration (3-hour shift on Saturday, August 5) (Several positions)
- Chinese Translator
- Japanese Translator
- Korean Translator
- Drivers to pick up visiting professional go players at San Diego Airport and bring them to the Town and Country Hotel (10-minute drive)
- Equipment Manager (Makes sure stones, boards, and clocks are set up every morning before the US Open begins at 9:00 a.m.)
- Help Desk Monitor (Many needed during entire week to answer questions and point people in the right direction. Name your own hours.)
- Moving/Pack up (help move go equipment from storage locker to the Town and Country Hotel on Friday, August 4 and/or pack up equipment for next Congress on Saturday, August 12 and Sunday, August 13)
Contact email@example.com for more information or to volunteer.