Double-Digit Kyu Tournament
Created on • Last updated ago
Time and Date
- Round 1: Tuesday, 8/4 at 8p EDT/5p PDT
- Round 2: Tuesday, 8/4 at 9:30p EDT/6:30p PDT
- Round 3: Wednesday, 8/5 at 8p EDT/5p PDT
- Round 4: Wednesday, 8/5 at 9:30p EDT/6:30p PDT
30 minutes main time with 3 periods of 30 second byo-yomi.
Description: Two rounds will be played on each day of the DDK Tournament. The first round will begin promptly at 8:00 p.m. EDT/ 5:00 p.m. PDT. You need to be signed in to KGS and in the AGA Tournament Room at least 30 minutes before the start so that you can find your pairing. Game challenges need to be posted and ready to start on time.
Pairings: A link to the pairings spreadsheet will be posted in the AGA Tournament Room before 6 pm EDT. Pairings will be posted for the first game on Tuesday and the first game on Wednesday. The player taking Black should create the game.
How to start a new game
- How to enter “AGA Tournaments” room KGS->Rooms->Room List->Tournaments->AGA Tournaments
- Click “Custom Game” button at top right corner. In the pop-up window, put ID of your opponent in title. In the drop-up menu, choose “Free” game.
- Rules: AGA rules In even games, komi for White is 7.5 points.
- Time System is “Byo-Yomi” 30 minutes main time plus three periods of 30 seconds byo-yomi
- File -> Set Preferences -> Check “Flashing” and Select “Beeping” or “10s Countdown”.
Byes: If you have to skip a round, you must request a “bye” from the TD before 8 pm EDT the night before that round. You can email the TD at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a bye is not requested ahead of time and you miss a round, you will automatically forfeit the game.
Handicaps: Games will be handicapped based on rank. The TD will make every effort to minimize the number of handicap games each player has, but some players may have more handicap games than others. In even games, compensation to white (komi) of 7.5 points. In handicap games, komi for white is 0.5 points.
Rules: AGA rules will be used. Komi for white is 7.5 points.
Forfeits and Escapers: A game will be forfeit if a player is more than 15 min late. A game will be declared over if one player “escapes” the game for 15 minutes without letting a TD or opponent know what happened. If someone “escapes” repeatedly, the TDs may at their discretion remove the player from the tournament.
Results: The winner of the game should report the result. There is a link to the Results Form in the lower panel. You should fill in your email so that we can send to a confirmation. Please send the results promptly so that new pairings can be created for the next round. Look for the Final Standings and Prizes link on Thursday, August 6.