Relay Go Tournament
Created on • Last updated ago
Relay Go Updates and Pairings To play in the tournament, make sure you have Zoom installed. We will send you a link to the tournament site after you join the Zoom meeting on Saturday (you received a link in your email). Make sure to join the meeting 10 minutes earlier (7:50pm EDT) to better prepare yourself for the tournament. We will close final check-ins on the tournament site at 8:10pm EDT sharp.
Instructions, pairings as well as a graphic walkthrough of the tournament can be found here. Due to uncertainties of an online tournament, we anticipate the final pairings to vary slightly.
Time and Date: 8/8 at 8p EDT/5p PDT
Time Settings: 80 minutes per team, absolute time
Platform: The Relay Tournament will be hosted on OGS and Zoom.
- The OGS e-Go Congress Handbook can be found here.
Description: We will most likely run four games at once.
- Each game consists of two teams competing against each other in Rengo format (two players from team A vs. two players from team B).
- Each team has one coach and two people playing rengo at a time. The coach will be in the Zoom study room with all other players to strategize.
- For more specific rules, please refer to this documentation.
- Eric Lui and Michael Chen for the top board
- Michael Fodera and Sichen Zhong for other boards
- TD: Audrey Wang
- Asst. TDs: William Luff, Milan Mladenovic, Neill Ritter
Handicaps: No handicaps as each team will be pre-assigned by rank
Rules: AGA rules will be used. Komi for white is 7.5 points.
Prizes: Appointed captains of each team will receive awards. Also two Most Valuable Players (MVP) of each winning team will receive awards
Note: This event will be live streamed and commented on by Myungwan Kim and Julie Burrall on Twitch