Pair Go Tournament
|Director(s)||Lionel Zhang (ID: tarquin), Andrew Zhang (ID: mustwin)|
|Eligibility||One Female + One Male|
|Open or Invitational?||Open|
(7/21) Please check in to the tournament to confirm your availability
Time and Date:
Round 1: Thursday, July 22 at 8p EDT/5p PDT
Round 2: Thursday, July 22 at 9:30p EDT/6:30p PDT
1. Create a Pandanet account if you don’t already have one.
2. Uninstall GoPanda2 from your computer if it is not the latest version.
3. Install the latest version of GoPanda2 (v2.7.8 as of 7/22/2021).
4. Log in to GoPanda2 and join the “U.S. e-Go Congress Pair Go Tournament” room.
Description: This is a team tournament with teams made up of two people, usually one female and one male player. Players alternate playing moves. The players may not consult with each other during the game.
Game Setup: YouTube Tutorial Make sure Black player 1 and White player 1 are female.
Time Settings: 20 minutes + Canadian byo-yomi: 2 moves per 1 minute period
Rule Set: Japanese rules + handicaps/komi based on each pair’s combined rank
During the game:
- Communication between partners is NOT allowed, you should use the in-game chat to ask your partner about resignation
- Undos may be requested for misclicks, but it is at your opponent’s discretion
- If a player disconnects, they have 5 minutes to reconnect. On a player’s 4th disconnect, the pair will forfeit the match.
- Any form of cheating, including but not limited to AI programs, is strictly prohibited
No-shows: Automatic forfeit after being 15 minutes late
Game Results: After the game, the winning team updates the result in the Official Bracket.
Prizes: Each table winner (win both games) will receive prizes (TBD)
- Teams will be put in brackets based on combined rank which will be calculated by the Tournament Director.
- The four teams in the same bracket will be seeded according to their respective combined ranks.
- In the first round, the No. 1 seed will play the No. 2 seed, while the No. 3 seed will play the No. 4 seed.
- In the second round, the winners will play and the losers will play.
There are 109 attendees registered to play in Pair Go Tournament.
|Player Name||Pandanet IGS Username||Rank|
|Eric Lui||heisenberg||2 pro|
|Xingshuo Liu||xliu0626||7 dan|
|Zhiyuan [edward] Zhang||feamed||7 dan|
|Wenhuan Shu||xiaoooshu||7 dan|
|Alan Huang||moonfire2||7 dan|
|Yixian Zhou||missbear1||6 dan|
|Meng Wang||Miaoya26||6 dan|
|Hejun Cai||fusion11||6 dan|
|Gabriella Su||gabbyysu||6 dan|
|Qingbo Zhang||C4H8SCl2||5 dan|
|Yingzhi Qian||beyond18K||5 dan|
|Trevor Morris||gotrevor||5 dan|
|Kevin w. Zhao||wenguang||5 dan|
|Annie Wagner||windcat||5 dan|
|Seowoo Wang||seowoo||5 dan|
|Ke Lu||kelu||4 dan|
|Felipe herman Van riemsdijk||riemsdijk||3 dan|
|Micah y. Feldman||micah||3 dan|
|Davit rostomashvili Dato||datka||3 dan|
|Allan Abramson||QuickrTime||2 dan|
|Xingang Huang||huangxg||2 dan|
|Sergey Hodger||kserks108||2 dan|
|Yuancheng Luo||kamiteck||1 dan|
|Yong Zhang||yongz||1 dan|
|Patrick Ferl||Juraj||1 dan|
|Jeffrey Horn||DemiWizard||1 dan|
|Haskell Small||improvguy||1 kyu|
|Weiqiu You||fallcat||1 kyu|
|Cat Mai||melibauble||1 kyu|
|Mark Fraser||ippon||2 kyu|
|Lucas Yang||Luxcas||2 kyu|
|Luis Palacios||Itarios||2 kyu|
|Khang Hoang||siobhan||2 kyu|
|Lisa Scott||Lisa||2 kyu|
|Elizaveta Antonova||skamman||3 kyu|
|Christopher Morse||christw||3 kyu|
|Susana valeria Sánchez aguilar||vale||4 kyu|
|Greg Steltenpohl||omniraden||4 kyu|
|Ragnarr Markssen||Ragnarr||4 kyu|
|David Munhofen||AStone||4 kyu|
|Pavel Malyugin||LeaSaco||5 kyu|
|Michael Wojcik||mjw||5 kyu|
|Kacey Saff||kaceys||5 kyu|
|Vivienne Blandy||vblandy||6 kyu|
|Karen Gold||LadyPhoebe||6 kyu|
|Andrew McNamara||Drewch||6 kyu|
|Laurie Linz||laurie||8 kyu|
|Terri Schurter||buzzsaw||8 kyu|
|Valeriia Smirnova||Naxe||8 kyu|
|Rachel Small||Srachel||9 kyu|
|Jo Wilson||applebaps||9 kyu|
|Matthew Ha||FeedFWD||10 kyu|
|Emily Hjulstrom||ehjulstrom||10 kyu|
|Denisse Garnica||Deni17gs||10 kyu|
|Stefan Weissner||sweissner2||11 kyu|
|Jared Miller||JaredMM||11 kyu|
|Elizabeth h. small Betsy||lutenist||13 kyu|
|Elphiya Khodger||Elphiya||14 kyu|
|Junxiong Lin||linnobita||15 kyu|
|Mari Oshima||mGoBKN84||20 kyu|